OGC LTD specializes in complete home renovations, additions and custom home builds. As part of Canadian General Contractors Group we have offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa. We operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment, and our main goal is to give our clients the best renovation experience possible.
We are looking for an attentive and experienced electrician to join our team. The ideal candidate will already have completed an apprenticeship through an accredited post-secondary institution and will have several years of on-the-job experience. The electrician’s responsibilities include interpreting and following blueprints to plan for the installation of electrical wiring and equipment, assembling, installing and testing electrical wiring and equipment, repairing and replacing wiring and equipment, and ensuring their work is in compliance with all relevant codes.
We believe in building strong relationships with our clients and are looking for charismatic personnel who can communicate our company values and help our clients enjoy the renovation process.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following education, experience and skills requirements;
- Completion of a high school diploma
- Completion of an apprenticeship through an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent on-the-job training
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Codes and all other relevant codes
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Ownership of or reliable access to tools
- Demonstrated reliability and professionalism in your trade
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with other trades
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other building plans
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills
- Effective math skills
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in residential construction
- Ability to supervise others when necessary
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
Expertly installed wiring and electrical equipment is crucial to clients’ safety in and enjoyment of their new or renovated home. We are looking for an electrician who approaches every job with this in mind to prioritize total client satisfaction and represent our company with professionalism.
If you are confident that you fulfill the requirements for this position and want to join our team of passionate, fun and hardworking professionals and tradespeople, we want to hear from you.