OGC LTD specializes in complete home renovations, additions and custom home builds. As part of Canadian General Contractors Group we have offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa. We operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment, and our main goal is to give our clients the best renovation experience possible.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and experienced framing carpenter to join our team. The ideal candidate will have already completed their apprenticeship in carpentry through an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent on-the-job training, and will be skilled in structural framing, back framing, rough framing and some demolition.
The framing carpenter’s responsibilities include interpreting and following blueprints, measuring, cutting, assembling, framing lumber, framing interior walls, floors and roof structures and constructing subflooring, exterior house boxing and roof-deck sheathing.
We believe in building strong relationships with our clients and are looking for charismatic personnel who can communicate our company values and help our clients enjoy the renovation process.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following education, experience and skills requirements;
- Completion of high school diploma
- Completion of a carpentry apprenticeship through an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent on-the-job training
- 5+ years of experience in residential construction and trades
- Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes
- Knowledge of on-the-job safety and first aid including WHMIS and Fall Arrest/Fall Protection
- Effective math skills
- Ability to read, interpret and follow blueprints
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Own your own tools and safety equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with other trades
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure while still maintaining attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated history of reliability and professionalism in their trade
- Ability to supervise others when necessary
- Worker’s compensation clearance is mandatory
- Liability insurance
Secure and accurate framing is absolutely essential to the integrity of any home build, renovation or addition. We are seeking a framing carpenter who triple checks every detail to make sure the job is done right. The successful applicant must always maintain a professional demeanour at the job site and ensure their team does the same when representing our company and when engaging with clients.
If you are confident that you fulfill the requirements for this position and want to join our team of passionate, fun and hardworking professionals and tradespeople, we want to hear from you.