OGC LTD specializes in complete home renovations, additions and custom home builds. As part of Canadian General Contractors Group we have offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa. We operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment, and our main goal is to give our clients the best renovation experience possible.
We are looking for an experienced drywall contractor to join our team. The ideal candidate will have already completed their apprenticeship through an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent training and will have several years of relevant on-the-job experience. The drywall contractor’s responsibilities include planning drywall installation according to blueprints, measuring, cutting, fitting and securing drywall sheets, and ensuring a smooth finish by filling any holes, cracks, imperfections and indentations.
We believe in building strong relationships with our clients and are looking for charismatic personnel who can communicate our company values and help our clients enjoy the renovation process.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following education, experience and skills requirements;
- Completion of high school diploma
- Completion of trade school apprenticeship or equivalent on-the-job training
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and other technical drawings
- Ability to estimate labour and material costs and provide quotes an asset
- Good problem solving skills and a positive attitude
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills
- Demonstrated history of reliability and professionalism in your trade
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with other trades
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Ability to lift heavy loads
- Ability to supervise others when necessary
Drywall contractors are responsible not only for the partial integrity and safety of a home, but also for many aspects of its final aesthetic appearance. We are seeking a detail-oriented and experienced drywall contractor who prioritizes all aspects of their work equally and takes great care to attend to every one of them before finishing a job. The successful applicant must prioritize total client satisfaction and represent our company with professionalism at the job site at all times.
If you are confident that you fulfill the requirements for this position and want to join our team of passionate, fun and hardworking professionals and tradespeople, we want to hear from you.