Material Selections Coordinator
OGC LTD specializes in complete home renovations, additions, and custom home builds. As part of Canadian General Contractors Group we have offices in Vancouver, Calgary, and Ottawa. We operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment, and our main goal is to give our clients the best renovation experience possible.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative material selections coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in sales and/or customer service and knowledge of material selection and interior design. Some knowledge of home renovation and the residential construction industry will be considered an asset.
The responsibilities of this role include assisting with scheduling and confirming client appointments, assisting clients in viewing and selecting materials for their home, adhering to construction deadlines, maintaining and organizing all material selections samples, ensuring the selections options are current, properly identified and accompanied by the relevant information and working with the designer to facilitate their implementation of the clients’ design choices.
We believe in building strong relationships with our clients and are looking for charismatic personnel who can communicate our company values and help our clients enjoy the renovation process.
The successful candidate will fulfil the following education, experience and skill requirements:
- Post-secondary education in interior design, decorating or a related field
- Experience in material selections and/or interior design
- Background in sales and/or customer service is an asset
- Background knowledge of residential construction/home renovation is an asset
- Knowledge of construction and design materials is an asset
- Some knowledge of interior design software such as AutoCAD and Revit, or a willingness to learn
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Effective computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional and courteous demeanour
- Flexible schedule to conform to clients availability
We are seeking an inquisitive, diligent and flexible material selections coordinator who will prioritize client satisfaction from start to finish on every design project they work on. The successful candidate must be perceptive, a good listener and a strong communicator. They must also be able to adapt to keep up in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment where priorities and tasks can shift rapidly, all while respecting deadlines and maintaining client service standards.
This is a paid position within a 3 month probationary period. Salary will commensurate with level of experience.
If you are confident that you fulfill the requirements for this position and want to join our team of fun, passionate and hardworking young professionals, we want to hear from you.