OGC LTD specializes in complete home renovations, additions and custom home builds. As part of Canadian General Contractors Group we have offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa. We operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment, and our main goal is to give our clients the best renovation experience possible.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced insulation contractor to join our team. The ideal candidate will have already completed an apprenticeship through an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent training and will have had several years of on-the-job experience installing insulation. The insulation contractor’s responsibilities include evaluating blueprints and working with the project manager to determine the right type of insulation for the project, planning, preparing and installing insulation in walls and ceilings and around pipes, ducts and heating and cooling systems, removing old insulation and cleaning up job sites.
We believe in building strong relationships with our clients and are looking for charismatic personnel who can communicate our company values and help our clients enjoy the renovation process.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following education, experience and skills requirements;
- Completion of high school diploma
- Completion of trade school apprenticeship in insulation installation or equivalent on-the-job training
- Understanding of and experience installing and removing different types of insulation such as cork, fiberglass and foam
- Knowledge of asbestos and clean-up of hazardous materials an asset
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other technical drawings
- Strong knowledge of energy efficiency and temperature regulation
- Ability to estimate labour and material costs and provide quotes an asset
- Knowledge of applicable building codes
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with other trades
- Ability to supervise others when necessary
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills
- Demonstrated history of reliability and professionalism in your trade
Proper insulation is a major factor in ensuring not only the energy efficiency and environmental sustainability of a home, but also the client’s safety in and enjoyment of their home. We are seeking a knowledgeable insulation contractor who respects our clients’ desire to save money on their energy bills and/or reduce their environmental impact, and will do everything in their power to help them achieve those goals. The successful applicant must prioritize total client satisfaction by thinking about insulation needs from a homeowner’s point of view, and must also represent the company in a professional manner while on the job.
If you are confident that you fulfill the requirements for this position and want to join our team of passionate, fun and hardworking professionals and tradespeople, we want to hear from you.