OGC LTD specializes in complete home renovations, additions and custom home builds. As part of Canadian General Contractors Group we have offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa. We operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment, and our main goal is to give our clients the best renovation experience possible.
We are looking for an experienced and detail oriented interior finisher to join our team. The ideal candidate will already have completed an apprenticeship through an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent training and will have several years of on-the-job experience.
The interior finisher’s responsibilities include measuring, cutting and installing tiles, interior framing, wood floors, doors and trim, and drywall and taping. The interior finisher may also construct and install wooden cabinets, stairs, handrails, closets, panelling and moulding, and other finishes that complete a home build, renovation or addition. Finally, they will be responsible for inspecting the interior of the home to ensure quality work that the client will be completely satisfied with.
We believe in building strong relationships with our clients and are looking for charismatic personnel who can communicate our company values and help our clients enjoy the renovation process.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following education, experience and skills requirements;
- Completion of high school diploma
- Completion of an apprenticeship through an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent on-the-job training
- 5+ years of experience in residential construction and trades
- Knowledge of relevant building codes, including Ontario Building Codes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and building plans
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Own your own tools and safety equipment
- Knowledge of on-the-job safety and first aid including WHMIS and Fall Arrest/Fall Protection
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with other trades
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to supervise others when necessary
- Demonstrated reliability and professionalism in your trade
- Worker’s compensation clearance is mandatory
- Liability insurance
- Ability to lift heavy loads
Attention to detail often makes or breaks successful home renovation, and as the interior finisher, you will be responsible for putting the final touches on a home the client will be happy to call their own. We are seeking an enthusiastic and professional interior finisher who loves their work and takes this responsibility very seriously. The successful applicant must be attentive, detail oriented and willing to adapt to prioritize total client satisfaction. They must also represent our company with professionalism in the process.
If you are confident that you fulfill the requirements for this position and want to join our team of passionate, fun and hardworking professionals and tradespeople, we want to hear from you.