OGC LTD specializes in complete home renovations, additions and custom home builds. As part of Canadian General Contractors Group we have offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa. We operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment, and our main goal is to give our clients the best renovation experience possible.
We are currently looking for talented individuals with residential drafting and design experience to join our design team as an architectural technologist. The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to; site measurements, permit drawings, residential drafting, and assisting senior designers with client meetings and presentations.
We believe in building strong relationships with our clients and are looking for charismatic personnel who can communicate our company values and help our clients enjoy the renovation process.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following education, experience and skills requirements;
- 3-5 years’ experience in residential design/drafting
- Diploma in Architectural Technology or equivalent in training or experience
- Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and 3D rendering software
- Knowledge and proficiency in Chief Architect is an asset
- Strong technical knowledge of residential renovations and home construction
- Time management and multitasking ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, some sales or customer service experience would be considered an asset
- Understanding the importance of deadlines and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- A valid driver’s license is a requirement
We are seeking an imaginative and professional architectural technologist to assist our designers and to assist our clients in making their dream home a reality. The successful candidate will be open-minded, flexible and able to think outside the box when it comes to residential design. They will also be communicative and considerate of the time-sensitive nature of this process.
This is a paid position within a 3 month probationary period. Salary will commensurate with level of experience.
If you are confident that you fulfill the requirements for this position and want to join our team of fun, passionate and hardworking young professionals, we want to hear from you.