OGC LTD specializes in complete home renovations, additions and custom home builds. As part of Canadian General Contractors Group we have offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa. We operate in a fast-paced, competitive environment, and our main goal is to give our clients the best renovation experience possible.
We are looking for a confident and experienced estimator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a background in residential construction estimating and will demonstrate an extraordinary commitment to accuracy.
The estimator is responsible for calculating the total cost of a project including labour, trades, and material costs. This includes identifying and researching suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors, preparing and evaluating requests for quotations from suppliers and contractors/sub-contractors, checking estimates for accuracy, presenting the prepared estimate, and working with the design build and project management teams on budgeting and cost control.
We believe in building strong relationships with our clients and are looking for charismatic personnel who can communicate our company values and help our clients enjoy the renovation process.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following education, experience and skills requirements;
- Educational background in construction, engineering, architecture or a related field
- Experience in residential construction/renovation estimating
- Strong knowledge of estimating software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel to job sites, meet with contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code as well as health and safety requirements, site administration and record-keeping
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other technical drawings
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
We are seeking an estimator with proven experience developing and following through with estimates in all aspects of residential construction from the beginning of a project to the end. The estimator will establish and maintain client trust by being honest, knowledgeable and flexible about costs and budgeting, keeping the lines of communication open and completing accurate and timely project estimates in accordance with the client’s needs. The successful applicant must be able to handle multiple, time-sensitive tasks in a team environment.
This is a paid position within a 3 month probationary period. Salary will commensurate with level of experience.
If you are confident that you fulfill the requirements for this position and want to join our team of passionate, fun and hardworking professionals and tradespeople, we want to hear from you.